Saturday 12 August 2017

Sparkly Intense Pigment Stain Acetate

Hi Bloggers.

This card was the first one I demoed in the One Day Special this week. It's a very simple card but contains a cool technique.

For the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Frosted Window Embossing Folder. I edged with Blue Lagoon Chalk Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted ontp a couple of pieces of Milk Card that I also edged with Blue Lagoon.

I popped some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer onto my Craft Sheet. I added some Bluebell CS Intense Pigment Stain and some Sparkle Star CS Diamond Frost and mixed well. I added this to a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate using a wide brush and put aside to dry (about an hour).

I cut dies #3 and #4 together from Sue Wilson's Art Deco Snowflake Die Set out of Milk Card. I cut die #4 out of my Acetate background and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I cut dies #1 and #2 together out of Milk Card. I cut die #2 out of my Acetate background and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I cut the snowflake from Sue's Looped Snowflake Frame out of Milk card and added a 5mm Cream Pearl.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Santa's Sentiments Stamp Set using Blue Lagoon Chalk Cloud. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags and cut the next sized die out of my Acetate Background. I cut 3 more snowflakes out of Milk Card, adding Blue Lagoon Chalk Cloud to 2 of them.

 I completed my card by adding an 8mm Cream Pearl to each corner.

Phill Martin is launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda today at 6pm with his new Scribbled Dies Collection. I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout. Phill has another show today at 8pm and then more shows tomorrow at 9am, 1pm and 5pm.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

28 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    Beautiful card and colors.Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great weekend.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Must try this.love the sparkle showing through the snowflake.beautiful card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julia, loved this demo on Hochanda
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching you make this. Very pretty.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia loved this card when you demoed it a great die got to have all of them as you said not just for Christmas very useful
    Thank you love June xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card-love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, beautiful card, so enjoyed watching you make this one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning . I have to say I really enjoyed your shows and tips on creating the back grounds. I love the colours on this card.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, loved tbe demo of this on Hochanda.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia. What a beautiful Christmas Card this morning. Love the embossing. Well done. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Loved this one when you demoed it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Julia. Love that embossing folder and the colour is so pretty with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia, such a beautiful card, loved the demo, another technique to try. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched you make this and thought that I must try it Need to add some blues to my pigment stain stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia

    Gorgeous card and colour!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is lovely and your technique is awesome. Hopefully today, I can watch your Hochanda shows on rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And this was a great card to start off with.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. That is another technique for me to try. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I really like the simplicity and technique, great colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just amazing Julia, beautiful work, the technique is great and one I must try....thank you..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia Lovely card the art deco snowflake is fabulous another for my wishlist I'm afraid I haven't yet watched your last shows as my laptop is now in for repair I hope it won't take long because I really want to see your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia, Hope you have a nice weekend
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia. Looks like I need to add pigment stain to my stash. Haven't tried these. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the acetate technique a great card Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julia this is another stunning christmas card, and ooh
    i love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!