Wednesday 14 September 2016

Fire & Ice

Hi Bloggers.

A bit of Fire & Ice today -

I started by cutting the large decorative die from the Justrite A2 Butterfly Garden Dies into a piece of Black Card. I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet on the front. I turned it over to the back and added CS Harvest Moon Gilding Flakes. I removed the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit.

I turned over to the front, removed the other backing sheet and added CS Iced Snow Glitter Jewels. I then used the largest die from the set to trim the frame to size.

I popped some CS Flake & Glitter Glue onto a piece of Wax Paper. I picked it up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and used it to ink up the image from the Justrite Meadow Circles Stamp Set. I stamped it onto Black Card leaving the stamp on the card no more than 3 seconds so as not to tear the card. I cleaned my stamp under a cold tap and then went back to my stamped image. I added CS Harvest Moon Gilding Flakes. I removed the excess using a piece of Rubit Scrubit. I cut it out using the largest circle die from the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Small Black Circle Dazzlers and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (14th September) -
Sue Wilson Rose Garden Striplet only £6.99!


30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card til loving th fire and ice technique.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really special Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a gorgeous card, love the effect you get with this technique, and gilding flakes always add something special. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today, how brilliant the fire and I technique looks!!!!
    So Japanese looking, the black and gold. Thank you for sharing.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jula
    Wow! that is an awesome card today. Love it - the texture and the colours. Enjoy Ally Pally! Can't get down Ive been too ill. Will be watching tho!

    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, beautiful card, love the fire and ice technique
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I do like the fire and ice technique. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, Julia

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Loving this tree technique, the card is gorgeous.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julia very classy love the colours
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A very beautiful card.Loving your stamped circles.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    that´s a fantastic card. I love this technique.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fire and ice technique julia x the card looks stunning x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Great card, keep saying I will try this technique as it looks so good.....maybe today! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    A really beautiful card, love the colours of the gilding flakes against the black.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very very pretty, I just love this 'fire and ice' technique, a stunning card to finish....thanks Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia, a beautiful card this morning that fire and ice technique is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and great technique.
    Many thanks,
    Sue M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, love this technique.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Julia. Must get the sticky sheets at Ally Pally. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, A really lovely card, I'm loving this fire and ice technique, it is very effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, A really lovely card, I'm loving this fire and ice technique, it is very effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous card, i do love the fire & ice
    technique.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia, I like doing the fire and ice technique too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I love the Fire and Ice technique, your colours are lovely and they go so well with the stamps and dies you have used. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!